Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Gledwood's Drug Confessions: A Heroin Addict's Blog
Thursday, 18 January 2007
Wednesday into Thursday
Mood:  d'oh
Now Playing: Killing Me Softly...
Topic: Daily Doings

Okay: this might turn out to be a bit of a nonentry. But I'll try. I have not been feeling too fantastic the last few days. The only fun I've had has been talking to people I know through these blogs-boxes (you know, the commentboxes).

As I said below, I slept in late. Went round supermarket after I posted that: no beef sausages thanks very much. All along was really killing time as tyke dealer not ready. (I call him a tyke: to the best of my knowledge he's 22.) I know these people well enough that when one in particular says "half an hour" he means in 2 hours' time when I've got me a driver". Was in no hurry. Why hurry when you're not sick? It all goes — all gets used up pretty quick. Having said that I took half of it. Had kept cooking on for an hour and a half by now. Gauwched out again (maybe "slept", when you've been on the stuff as long as I have the drugs and one's normal state become so intermixed it's hard to tell which is really down to which...)

Well I've gotta go again as it is getting late. I will try and post something "proper" 2morrow.

Laters, peeps.


Posted by gledwood at 1:44 AM GMT

Thursday, 18 January 2007 - 4:39 AM GMT

Name: "Meg"
Home Page: http://azcoolchick0.tripod.com/azcoolchick0/

Thanks for the snaps Gledwood. No, you aren't the first nor the last to tell me about the comment issue, but as a non-paying Freebie Tripod lurker, they tell me it's not really happening. That it's all a 'Fig Newton' of my imagination. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and cough up the $9 bucks for a pay site. Oh the horror! ;>)

Glad you are enjoying my total randomness. I have been way lame about posting lately. I guess too sober and too bored recently to do better.

Keep in touch--I am finding your blog one of the few I have perused that actually has hooked me.  Seriously deep babe. Meg

Thursday, 18 January 2007 - 12:14 PM GMT

Name: "chipper"
Home Page: http://playingwithfire.blogdrive.com

Dealers are that way in the USA as well.  "I'm two minutes away" means half an hour; "meet me there at 2:00" means that you'll get your stuff sometime before evening rush hour, hopefully.

Thursday, 18 January 2007 - 1:38 PM GMT

Name: "chipper"
Home Page: http://playingwithfire.blogdrive.com

By the way, Gledwood ... we definitely want to hear the whole story about the one whom you call NutNutMadBird.  Or at least, as much as you feel we should know.

Thursday, 18 January 2007 - 2:39 PM GMT

Name: "Gledwood"
Home Page: http://gledwood.tripod.com/blog

1: Meg. Hi there how ya doin': what snaps (you mean photographs? I can't send photos over the www I don't know how...?) Anyone reading this & laughing over my (perhaps) ignorance what are American "snaps"?? C'mon girl, post something, c'mon!!

2. Chipper. Pascal who comes from or has lived in New York sniffily tells me it's "not like that over there". Well I don't know. We don't really have frontlines ie ppl "working corners" here, that really would have "old bill" coming down like the proverbial "ton of bricks". BTW am I getting too "fond" of quotation marks.?..

3. Chipper re NutNut I will tell that story sometime; I don't want to be too unfair to someone not around to defend themself (alive — but computer illiterate). She really had no idea of her faults. Seriously. None at all...

PS Does that name Chipper mean "one who's chipping" ie dabbling? I heard/read Marianne Faithfull use that expression in her autobiog...

Thursday, 18 January 2007 - 3:06 PM GMT

Name: "anonymous"

"Gledwood" wrote:

. . .

2. Chipper. Pascal who comes from or has lived in New York sniffily tells me it's "not like that over there". Well I don't know. We don't really have frontlines ie ppl "working corners" here, that really would have "old bill" coming down like the proverbial "ton of bricks". BTW am I getting too "fond" of quotation marks.?..

3. Chipper re NutNut I will tell that story sometime; I don't want to be too unfair to someone not around to defend themself (alive — but computer illiterate). She really had no idea of her faults. Seriously. None at all...

PS Does that name Chipper mean "one who's chipping" ie dabbling? I heard/read Marianne Faithfull use that expression in her autobiog...

Re: the dealer thing: Yes, it's true, one does see dealers (I assume that's what these guys are!) hanging around on street corners in Detroit, but I've never approached one myself.  That'd be WAY too obvious and attract too much attention -- white guys in nice cars don't approach black guys loitering "in da hood" unless it's painfully obvious that it's to score drugs of some sort.  Also, most of those guys sell crack only; heroin is sold by a small minority of dealers.  So my experience with dealers has been limited to the kind whom one calls on the phone and makes arrangements with.  They're always late, at least in Detroit, that is.

Re: NutNut -- good call.

And re: the name "chipper," yes, it's a term used sometimes in the USA which refers to a recreational, occasional, heroin user.  See http://www.urbanup.com/100458

Thursday, 18 January 2007 - 4:13 PM GMT

Name: "Gledwood"
Home Page: http://gledwood.tripod.com/blog

OK we do have a frontline in a few places in London. I would never go there bc unless ur face is known they likely sell u 1 size 2 small - eg in Brixton (dodgy place: but funky) its £10 £8 £5 - yeah & you're right I would NEVER buy heroin off someon I don't know or hasn't sampled me bc crack I don't care about: (but I do it a bit) heroin is sacred to me.

Thursday, 18 January 2007 - 5:09 PM GMT

Name: "chipper"
Home Page: http://playingwithfire.blogdrive.com

Yeah, they'd probably do the same thing in Detroit -- short you.  By the way, sorry I forgot to include my contact info in the last comment ... but you knew it was me anyway!  ;)

Thursday, 18 January 2007 - 6:23 PM GMT

Name: "Gledwood"
Home Page: http://gledwoo.tripod.com/blog

Lotta people (& I've heard this story so many times...) have been sold candlewax/a peanut/a piece of road chipping from streetkids offering "dubs"/W/white/crack=all the same..

Yeah, course I knew it was u!!

Thursday, 18 January 2007 - 6:25 PM GMT

Name: "Gledwood"
Home Page: http://gledwood.tripod.com/blog

Can't even spell my url right now...!!...

 

(Look!)

 

Thursday, 18 January 2007 - 7:26 PM GMT

Name: "Meg"
Home Page: http://azcoolchick0.tripod.com/azcoolchick0/

"Gledwood" wrote:

1: Meg. Hi there how ya doin': what snaps (you mean photographs? I can't send photos over the www I don't know how...?) Anyone reading this & laughing over my (perhaps) ignorance what are American "snaps"?? C'mon girl, post something, c'mon!!

2. Chipper. Pascal who comes from or has lived in New York sniffily tells me it's "not like that over there". Well I don't know. We don't really have frontlines ie ppl "working corners" here, that really would have "old bill" coming down like the proverbial "ton of bricks". BTW am I getting too "fond" of quotation marks.?..

3. Chipper re NutNut I will tell that story sometime; I don't want to be too unfair to someone not around to defend themself (alive — but computer illiterate). She really had no idea of her faults. Seriously. None at all...

PS Does that name Chipper mean "one who's chipping" ie dabbling? I heard/read Marianne Faithfull use that expression in her autobiog...


I forgot you reside on the other side of the 'pond'! Snaps is a  common American slang term for compliments. Or perhaps it is not common and I am far more ghetto trashtastic than I ever realized before... ;>) Meg

Friday, 19 January 2007 - 12:34 AM GMT

Name: "Gledwood"
Home Page: http://gledwood.tripod.com/blog

Oh Dear! he says in her Majesty's English... snaps=compliments. Well as we say here, Ta for that.

Ta=thanks

Megmegmeg I have an idea: why don't you just open a blogspot blog? I just did. I pasted a sitemeter; it works straight away. What gets me about Tripod is NO HELP &

NO INSTRUCTIONS AT ALL. I pasted the html for a sitemeter into a dummy tripod blog bc was scared of ruining this one. How glad I am it was only a dummy. From something that looks like this I was reduced down to a white band with just the ads at the top... what can I say. & come on a blog without comments is like can't think what but you NEED 'em. C'mon girl get blogging!!!

Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 10:00 AM GMT

Name: "DCgirlcompatriot"

great site! nice to see a fellow companion sharing his real life..dawn:)

Saturday, 20 January 2007 - 10:01 AM GMT

Name: "DCgirlcompatriot"

which killing me softly song?

my fav song!

roberta flack or fugees?

im dj..;) dawn:)

Monday, 22 January 2007 - 8:47 PM GMT

Name: "Meg"
Home Page: http://azcoolchick0.tripod.com/azcoolchick0/

"Gledwood" wrote:

Oh Dear! he says in her Majesty's English... snaps=compliments. Well as we say here, Ta for that.

Ta=thanks

Megmegmeg I have an idea: why don't you just open a blogspot blog? I just did. I pasted a sitemeter; it works straight away. What gets me about Tripod is NO HELP &

NO INSTRUCTIONS AT ALL. I pasted the html for a sitemeter into a dummy tripod blog bc was scared of ruining this one. How glad I am it was only a dummy. From something that looks like this I was reduced down to a white band with just the ads at the top... what can I say. & come on a blog without comments is like can't think what but you NEED 'em. C'mon girl get blogging!!!


I know about 'ta' my dear little Queen's English Dictionary :) as I lived in London for a year and went to university there. I also work with a 'Kiwi' who says it alot :) (I'm the only one in the office who has a clue what's she's saying 1/2 the time) I have a site meter--pasted it in no problem but I sooooo agree with you on the "no help" through Tripod. I looked into Blogspot and it seemed a royal pain in the arse. I might just though as the non-ability to comment on my blog sucks weasel and is beyond irritating! I am being incredibley lame about posting--so amuse yourself for a while in the archives--there are over 200 entries over the course of two years to amuse yourself with. Start at the end--I was drunk alot more often then so it's tres amusing :>) Meg

Tuesday, 22 November 2011 - 12:37 PM GMT

Name: "Sarah"
Home Page: http://sarah27.onsugar.com/

Interesting post about methadone and kicking it? Ever tried to kick percocet? Its a killer. I finally did and as part of my detoxing I used a chelating agent that also got a lot of other junk out of my system. I have been clean for 3 months now and I feel GREAT!!

View Latest Entries

You are not logged in. Log in
.
.
..
..
...
...
....
....
FAMILY SUPPORT GROUPS
-Adfam National (UK)
MENTAL HEALTH/SUICIDE
-Lifeline (Aus)
-Samaritans (UK)
Newsy Blogs
-Power&Control