Now Playing: Who Wants to be a Millionaire...!
SOME PRETTY TRIVIAL QUESTIONS ON AMERICANA-DRUGANA
We see so much of the USA in films, exported TV-shows, etc. But what’s the real America like? I haven’t a clue. And, wondering how a junky's life compares, I found myself posing the following questions:—
1 — Is the j-word mostly spelt “junky”?
(Told you this was trivial, didn’t I?)
We tend to spell it “junkie”, that’s all.
2. What is American heroin like?
I’ve heard of this “tar” (Mexican black tar H—?). Is that literally black?
What colour is it cooked up?
Is China white easy to get hold of?
(Our gear is nearly always brown (that’s why our dealers call it “B”,) Even when it comes as grey lumps like catlitter it still cooks up brown.) You don’t ever get “tar” over here & China/Thai white is rare as hens’ teeth.
3. Are fresh works (needles-syringes) easy to get hold of?
4. Is it true if you OD yourself the hospital/911 emergency are likely to call police on you?
(That wouldn’t happen here unless you were under-age, or some equally dodgy factor was involved.)
5. Is that crystal methamphetamine really as widespread as the media would have us believe? Our speed over here has always been amphetamine sulphate — it’s weaker; must be easier to make or something. We are apparently starting to see crystal meth… but I’ve never come across it… but then again I don’t do speed…
I’ve seen cleaned-up addicts filmed in rehab and even one month clean they looked terrible. A month off heroin & crack and most people look so okay you wouldn’t guess they were a recovering crackhead junkie…
6. How popular is ecstasy? I’d estimate that out of my generation (I’m 34—gaah!!) about one person in three has done it. They used to say a million (or was it 2 million) people in the UK took it every weekend. I used to love it at a club or party when you’d get someone dead straight in real life getting down & funky on the E-E—E-E/E/E•E\E-E\E-E/E•E-E•E%!¡!¿?!!! vibe. Yeah, man. It was like living a really happy dream and sharing it with my friends. (“We are E-E-E-E!”) (The only problem was certain distraught comedowns. Like someone had grabbed my dream, shook out all the pixie-dust, given it a good kicking and used it as a toilet-cum-ashtray, then slammed all this rubbish back in my head and made me suffer the ashtray of doom brains all week long.) Tuesday Blues, they call it… Blues? What an understatement.
… Then Friday night comes and whee-heeE-E-E-E! Back up there!
7. What’s the consensus on George W Bush? There isn’t a consensus? Okay, what do you personally think?
Okay, that’s enough questions for now.
Anyone who knows the answers and can be bothered, please post ’em in a comment.
Posted by gledwood
at 4:44 PM GMT
Updated: Saturday, 30 December 2006 4:47 PM GMT